It is not a secret that chia seeds remain some of the most nutritious foods you will find. The nutrients that are contained in chia seeds have lots of important health benefits to the body. The seeds are laden with beneficial minerals, vitamins, and other amazing nutrients difficult to find elsewhere.
In this article, we take you through some of the proven 12 amazing benefits of chia seed that you need to be aware of. Keep reading to find out more and why you need to include chia seeds in your daily diet regimen:
- They contain antioxidants
Chia seeds have high antioxidant content in them and this makes them a great food to help in detoxification of the body. Even though the benefits of antioxidant supplements still remain a subject of discussion, foods rich in antioxidants have been proven to have high positive health benefits. Antioxidants for instance have been proven to reduce the chances of people suffering from cancer.
- Chia seeds have lots of nutrients and have low calories
Chia seeds contain almost all the vital nutrients that are needed in the human body. You can name them; protein, fiber, fat, calcium, manganese, phosphorous, etc. The good thing is that chia seeds do not have high calorie content in them.
- Chia carbs contain fiber
An ounce of chia seeds is said to contain 12 grams of carbs and out of these 11 are purely fiber which the body needs.
- Chia seeds contain high quality protein content
Chia seeds have got a very high beneficial and healthy protein content compared to most foods. Better still the seeds have got a good balance of vital amino acids that the human body needs to function properly.
- Chia seeds may help you with weight loss
Chia seeds have got great amounts of soluble fiber which help to bring about feelings of fullness when they are eaten. This in effect is said to help reduce the amount of calories taken by people thus reducing weight. Proteins in chia seeds are also said to reduce food intake and appetite in people.
- They contain omega-3 fatty acids
Chia seeds contain high amounts omega-3 fatty seeds which are usually beneficial in the body for various health functions.
- Chia seeds may be good for your heart health
Because chia seeds are good sources of protein, fiber and omega-3s, the seeds are good for your heart health.
- Chia seeds may be great for your bone health
There are several nutrients that chia seeds are rich in that have been found to be highly beneficial for bone health. Vital minerals necessary for stronger bones such as calcium, protein, and magnesium and phosphorous are found in chia seeds.
Image credit: lybrate
- Chia seeds help enhance digestion
Chia seeds have high fiber content and this helps to improve digestion in people who eat them.
- They may be good for blood sugar regulation
There are certain studies which have been conducted on animals that suggest that chia seeds may improve insulin sensitivity therefore ability to stabilize blood sugar levels especially after a meal.
- The seeds may reduce inflammation
Due to the high antioxidant content found in them they help reduce inflammation in the body.
- Chia seeds are said to enhance blood circulation in the body
Other research studies have indicated that chia seeds also help to enhance better blood circulation.
- Stopping Pests And Insects From Invading Your Home
- Tips to Increase Your Breasts Size Naturally
- Top 10 Foods That Are High in Antioxidants
- Play Fantasy Sports With Dream11
- The Do’s & Don’ts After a Dental Filling
- 6 Best DIY Anti-Aging Face Masks to Try