In men, hair loss can be occasioned due to a number of reasons. For some men, it could be as a result of hormonal imbalance or genetics, others it could be some external factors. There are other things that also come into play to cause hair loss in men such as the foods they eat and the air they breathe. Fortunately, there are various hair loss treatments available for men and they are listed below in this article piece:
- 1. Eating a balanced and healthy diet – having a balanced diet is a sure way to help replenish your hair. Taking meals that are rich in vegetables, fruits, unsaturated fats and whole grains can greatly help to improve your hair growth.
- 2. Reduction of stress – stress is known to affect hair growth negatively and people leading a stressful lifestyle have been known to suffer from hair loss. The trick here is to reduce stress by doing regular exercises, listening to music, doing yoga and meditation.
- 3. Hair loss shampoo – this hair loss treatment option for men works well during the initial stages of the problem. It is best to be used when you notice any thinning or a receding hairline. In most of the hair loss shampoos, caffeine is often used as a major ingredient to help stimulate hair growth.
- 4. Hair loss supplements – hair loss supplements are currently so popular in the markets and more and more men are using them. They are designed to help add more hair growth supporting vitamins to that you might be missing from the foods that you eat. Most of the supplements are usually rich in amino acids.
- 5. Corticosteroids – this can be injected into the scalp to bring about effective hair growth in men. There are also corticosteroid ointments although they are usually less effective.
- 6. Anthralin – this thick and tarry substance can be applied on a daily basis to the hair. Even though it is usually prescribed for psoriasis, it works to treat hair loss caused due to alopecia areata.
- 7. Hair transplants – hair transplant is an option for you if you don’t respond to medications offered to you help replenish your receding hair. This is usually performed by a cosmetic surgeon or a dermatologist. It is usually not a sustainable treatment method for hair loss as hair loss continues over time even after it has been performed.
- 8. Scalp reduction surgery – this type of surgery literally reduces the amount of scalp. The balding areas are surgically removed and then replaced by stretching hair-filled scalp.
- 9. Laser light therapy – this can be done either at home or at the cosmetologist office using a handheld device like a laser comb.
- 10. Propecia – this one is also known as Finasteride and is the only approved medication for male hair loss treatment in the US. It was originally produced for the treatment of prostate cancer. It works by blocking the production of DHT, a hormone that is usually blamed for blocking the hair follicles thereby causing male pattern baldness.
5 thoughts on “10 Best Hair Loss Treatments for Men”
Thank you for the post, I will definitely share it with my husband;)
Lots of love ♥ January Girl
Gorgeous and helpful, thanks for sharing 🙂
Love that treatments like these exist because I know men too care a lot about their hair.
Adorei sua postagem de hoje, sempre estou aqui acompanhando seu blog. Tenho aprendido muitas coisas legais aqui e te agradeço por compartilhar…
Meu Blog: Dicas da Web
These are great recommendations! Thank you for sharing! 🙂